Crazy 4 Cocoa Challenge

Monday, December 6, 2010

Hi Everyone,

I'm full of excitement and pride today!  My daughter, Sarah and I just got back last night  from the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  I'll share that story with you in just a bit, but first I'm sure you came to see Cocoa!   

The day before we left for Colorado Springs,  I saw this Crazy 4 Cocoa Challenge.  I had hoped I would have time to play before leaving.  Who was I kidding?  So first thing this morning I just had to put the laundry and unpacking aside...  I just love Cocoa.  He's so cute, and it is the first Crazy 4 Cocoa Challenge! 



The challenge was to make something for someone you love.  The only requirement was to use a Cocoa Mouse image.  I wanted something more than just a card, so this is what I came up with.  It's a cocoa pocket card.  My younger daughter, Katelyn loves hot chocolate and I thought this would be a fun way  to let her know how much I missed her over the weekend.  All though, she was very happy to stay home with her dad.  She's not much of a traveler.  Their plan for the weekend, lots of pizza and Laurel and Hardy movies!



Here are the measurements for the pocket card.


Start with heavy piece of card stock 5 1/4 x 11 1/2.  Score at 3 3/4, 4 and 7 3/4. 



Turn card stock around and measure up 1 1/2 from bottom left corner. Then, with your paper trimmer cut from the upper right corner down to the 1 1/2 mark.  Fold in on score line and tape to form pocket.  I hope these instructions are clear.  If not, please contact me.  

As I mentioned above, my daughter, Sarah and I got back last night  from the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado.  Sarah, a sophomore in high school is on her school's Air Rifle Team.  For those of you who have never heard of Air Rifle, you're not alone.  I had never heard of it either, until my daughter decided she wanted to try out for the team last year!  It's all about marksmanship and concentration....AND it's an Olympic sport.

The coach took five shooters to the Winter Air Gun Competition in Colorado Springs over the weekend. The site of the competition was at the Olympic Training Center.  It was an incredible experience for the kids.  They all did very well. 


This is Sarah after her last match on Sunday afternoon. 

Supplies

Stamps: Sweet n' Sassy Stamps and Stampabilities (sentiment)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics
Paper:  K & Company
Accessories:  Spellbinders, Martha Stewart Punches, Baker's Twine, Jingle Bell, Seam Binding Ribbon (colored with Copics to match)  


I apologize for such a long post today......Have a wonderful week.

Cheryl


  

4 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous, Cheryl! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with the C4C challenge. And KUDOS to your daughter. My boys would have loved an experience like that :) and believe it or not, I like to shoot, too :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute! Thanks for the measurements for the card too, that's helpful as these are really cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cocoa for sweet Cocoa. :o) Great holder... you used the perfect image. What a great accomplisment of your daughter. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea and the image is adorable! Good luck to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs