Another One-Layer Christmas Thank You, and a Design Question.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Hi!  I'm here to share another One-Layer Christmas Thank You.  As I mentioned earlier this month, I am featuring a "Christmas in July" series.  I'll share ideas for Christmas thank you notes, Christmas tags, and packaging ideas.  This week my focus is on Christmas thank you notes/cards.

After completing the card below, something just wasn't right, and then it hit me.  The sentiment was  green.  That was the problem!  If the sentiment were stamped in red there would be more cohesiveness. More flow.  I needed to re-create my card using red for the sentiment.


Here is the same card with just one minor change, the sentiment color.  Much better!  Along with the sentiment color change, I used a golden color bling.  These blend better than the clear, and are a bit more subtle in my opinion.  What do you think?

 

Because this is a one-layer card, I used my Tombow markers to avoid the bleed through that you have with Copics.  It's been ages since I've had my markers out.  To add interest to the petals, I used Stickles (Diamond) .  I love the shimmer and sparkle that it adds!

Here is a up close photo. With the Tombow Blender Pen, I was "trying" to do some shading on the leaves. 
 


 
I hope I've given you inspiration and motivation to get started on your Christmas thank you notes.
 
Supplies:
 
Stamps: Memory Box (Image) and A Muse (Sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Lady Bug 
Paper: Stampin'Up Whisper White
Accessories: Stamp Positioner, Gold Bling, Tombow Markers (126 & 856), & Stickles (Diamond)
 

6 comments:

  1. Great job and I like it both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous! Love the bit of stickles in the petals. I like both the red and green sentiment, but the red just a smidgen more. Great TY note. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I'm more partial to the green, though both are striking, but only because that's my favorite color :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous, I like them both Cheryl!

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl,

    Both cards are gorgeous, but I think having the sentiment in green similar to the color of the leaves doesn't make it stand out. In my opinion the red looks better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs